University of Uyo (UNIUYO) 2013/2014 Postgraduate Admission Details.
University of Uyo UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission 2013 / 2014 has commenced. The University therefore invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Postgraduate Programmes of the University of Uyo, for the 2013/2014 academic session as follows:
DURATION OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO UNIUYO PostGraduate PROGRAMMES
i. All Full-time Master’s degree programmes last for a minimum period of four semesters and a maximum period of six semesters.
ii. All Full-time Doctoral Programmes last for a minimum period of six Semesters and a maximum period of ten Semesters.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE 2013 UNIUYO PostGraduate PROGRAMMES
- To qualify for admission into UNIUYO Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) Programme, applicants should be graduates of the University of Uyo or any other University recognized by the Senate of the University of Uyo, or persons who hold qualifications adjudged by the Senate of the University of Uyo to be equivalent to First Degree or holders of recognized Higher National Diploma.
- To qualify for admission into a Master’s Degree Programme, applicants should be graduates with not less than Second Class Honours Degrees in the Lower Division with; (i) CGPA of 2.75 on a five-point scale, (ii) CGPA of 2.2 points on a four-points scale and (iii) Second Class lower division (irrespective of CGPA) for the Master’s Programe in Architecture.
- Applicants for admission into a Doctoral Degree Programe should be graduates of the University of Uyo or any other University recognised by the Senate of the University of Uyo, who possess Master’s Degrees with dissertation and course work average, which should not be less than 60%(B).
- In addition to other qualifications, applicants will be required to have credit pass at ‘O’ Level in five relevant subjects including English Language and obtained at not more than two sittings. Candidates with ‘O’ Level examination results before 2007 must possess their certificates and not statement of results or result slips.
- Applicants for LLM & Ph. D in Law must in addition to the above have credit pass in ‘O’ Level English Literature
- All applicants will be subjected to Screening Tests which dates would be published later.
- NYSC Discharge or Exemption certificates must be submitted by all applicants.
- Applicants who obtained their degrees through Remedial Programme must show evidence of having remedied the relevant subjects for their programmes externally i.e. through WASCE, NECO, NABTEB.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application forms for the 2013/2014 UNIUYO Postgraduate programmes are obtainable from WEMA Bank, Aka Road, Uyo, and UNIUYO (University of Uyo) Microfinance Bank on the payment of a nonrefundable application fee of N15,000.00. Receipts of payment MUST be obtained at the point of payment in the bank.
Applicants should request that their relevant academic transcripts and letters of reference be forwarded to: The Secretary, Postgraduate School University of Uyo, P.M.B. 1017, Uyo, AkwaIbom State. Admissions will not be offered without these documents.
Forms can also be obtained from the University Liaison Offices at Abuja and Lagos at the following addresses:
University of Uyo Liaison Office
15B Blantyre Street,
Off Ademola Adetokumbo Crescent,
Wuse II, Abuja.
GSM NOS.: 08188967822; 08067979235
University of Uyo Liaison Office
No. 2 Modupe Street
Off Kofoworola Crescent
Off Awolowo Way by Balogun Bus Stop
GSM NOS.: 08145223041; 08036040440
Applicants must return their completed forms with a one-page Thesis/Dissertation Proposal captured on the prescribed Postgraduate School proposal sheet. Such proposal should capture the following:
Title, Aim/Objectives, Relevance of Study, Methodology, Expected Results among others.
All completed Application forms with photocopies of relevant credentials and duplicate copy of receipt of payment for the application form should reach the Office of the Secretary, Postgraduate School not later than six weeks from the date of this publication. The UNIUYO PG Advert was published on Aug 23, 2013 at http://www.uniuyo.edu.ng/news.php?news=10.
Applications received after the above deadline will not be considered.
Contact for Enquiries: 08065736292, 08023270494