University Of Michigan CWE+ Scholarship Programme USA, 2018/2019.
The Michigan University is currently accepting applications for a CEW+ scholarship for international students. Boost your application by being the first to apply for the University Of Michigan CWE+ Scholarship Programme USA. Approximately 45 scholarships are awarded annually ranging from $1,000 to $10,000, with some larger scholarship awards given. The award can be used for any semesters during the upcoming academic year (FA/WI/ SP/SU), as well as for living expenses if your tuition/fees are already covered. You can apply even if you don’t qualify for financial aid. It is a merit-based scholarship. The amount of your award is based on your financial situation, but receiving the award is based on merit.
The scholarship is available to study undergraduate and graduate program
Field Of study:
The scholarship is available for all subjects.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
International students are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The University Of Michigan CWE+ Scholarship Programme USA:
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following:
- Applicants must have a minimum five-year (60 month) consecutive interruption in education anytime since high school
- Primary Caregiver
- Primary Caregiver definition:
- Must lives in the same residence at least 50% of the time and consistently assumes major responsibility for housing, health, and safety of a minor, older adult, or disabled adult; anticipates this responsibility will continue during the upcoming academic year.
- Lives in a separate residence and provides care for a minor, older adult, or disabled adult for a minimum of 20 hours per week without monetary compensation for at least the past 6 months; anticipates this responsibility will continue during the upcoming academic year.
In addition to these criteria, preference will be given to undergraduate students who currently qualify for a federal PELL grant, and undergraduate and graduate students who are first-generation students (no parent has completed a bachelor’s degree).
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
The CEW+ Application will be available online through M-Compass on February 1 and will be open for approximately one month. Below is information that will allow you to start working on your application.
Summary of required information needed to complete a CEW+ Scholarship application includes:
- Demographic information, including a current transcript (Fall 2017 if enrolled)
- Three Letters of Recommendation:
Recommenders that are familiar with your academic record and career aspirations are in the best position to write on your behalf. At least one academic recommender is strongly suggested. Strong references letters typically include:
- The committee reviewing applications welcomes comments about the applicant’s strengths, academic and professional achievements, the ability to persevere and succeed in their plans for university work, and their potential for impact in their chosen field. (A forthright appraisal of the candidate is most helpful)
- Biographical information and academic transcripts have already been submitted – focus on what the committee might not already know
Once the scholarship application is available, you can paste your responses to the following prompts directly into the application questionnaire.
- Explanation of Primary Caregiving and/or Educational Interruption
In 250 words or less explain the nature of the relationship with the individual(s) you provide care for and briefly list your caregiving responsibilities, and/or explain what lead to the interruption in your education, how many consecutive months you were not enrolled or earning academic credit, and what you did during that time. Note: if you are applying based on the interruption in your education criteria you will need to specify the months and years your education was interrupted and transcripts that verify the interruption.
- Personal Statement – Determination
How have your life circumstances, experiences, and/or challenges shaped your educational/career path? Describe how you have exemplified persistence in pursuing your goals. (Max. 350 words)
- Personal Statement – Potential Impact
what is your vision for success and plan for achieving your goals? How will you make an impact with the degree that you are pursuing at the personal, community, and/or global levels? (Max. 350 words)
- Financial Information – Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit. However, to determine the amount of your award, we need information about your financial needs and how you expect to meet them in the next academic year. In addition, if selected and you are applying for more than the minimum award, you will need to provide more detailed financial information when requested in spring.
Application Closing Date:
March 5, 2019