The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has released the results of 12,000 candidates who participated in a mop-up unified tertiary matriculation examination (UTME).
These included those whose biometrics could not be captured during the initial period of the UTME in March, those who were yet to see their results and have not been involved in any form of malpractice.
Others included those who were unable to print out their e-slip before the earlier examinations and those whose centres were cancelled for suspected malpractices.
Fabian Benjamin, JAMB’s head of media, announced this in an interview with NAN on Tuesday.
He said the sales of forms for direct entry (DE), which began in December 2017, will close on June 4.
According to Benjamin, over 140, 000 candidates have so far obtained the forms online.
He said that the closure became necessary in order to allow the board plan ahead for 2018 admission, which will be discussed at the June 26 meeting of stakeholders in the education sector.
“Therefore, candidates who are still interested and want to apply for the DE should use the window period of seven days to apply, as no extension of date will be granted,” he said.
On the admission process, Benjamin said all institutions must not to make any form of adverts for admissions into their schools until after the policy meeting.
“Advertising before the policy meeting is a violation and abuse of the entire process.
“They must recall that at the meeting, all proceedings, rules and regulations guiding the admissions are discussed and unanimously approved by all stakeholders.
“However, a list of institutions that breached this rule are being compiled by the board and to be forwarded to the appropriate body for sanction.”