Quebec Immigration Program for French and English Speakers
The Province of Quebec has an agreement with the Government of Canada on immigration, with its own rules for selection of applicants. In order to apply as a skilled worker in Quebec, you have to apply directly to:
- The Quebec government for a Certificat de sélection du Québec (QSC)
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to become a permanent resident of Canada, once you receive an approval from Quebec.
Applicants successful under the Skilled Worker Program receive a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ), which is followed by the Canadian Permanent Residence.
In order to qualify for a CSQ, an applicant has to score enough points under the Quebec Immigration selection system. Single applicants need to score a minimum of 50 points, while married once need to score a minimum of 59 points. Applicants evaluation criteria is as follows:
- Area of Training
- Validated Employment Offer
- Work Experience
- Language Proficiency
- Family residing in Quebec
- Spouse or Common-Law Partner Characteristics
- Presence of Accompanying Children
- Financial Self-Sufficiency
Most of the documents provided should be certified true copies.
Quebec Skilled Worker applicants must successfully pass medical and security examinations for being granted Canadian Permanent Residence.