Lagos State University (LASU) Certificate Courses in Medical and Health Professions Entrepreneurship Admission Form for 2018/2019 Academic Session
The Lagos State University Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies invites applications from suitably qualified candidates who are desirous of acquiring entrepreneurial skills in medical and health professions for admission into the Centre’s under-listed Entrepreneurship Certificate Programmes for the 2018/2019 Academic Session.
These short weekend programs are hands-on, real-life practical training suitable for workers. The courses are designed to motivate leadership and for the development or enhancement of initiatives in the Health Sector.
They are held at Lagos State University College of Medicine (LASUCOM), 1 Oba Akinjobi Way, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos.
Applicants for the Certificate Course in Health Professions Entrepreneurship
The Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies requires prospective candidates for the Certificate Course in Health Professions Entrepreneurship to have a first degree in a medical or clinical science, or a Higher National Diploma in a medical or clinical science or a first degree in Medicine, Dentistry, or Nursing, a doctor of alternative medicine such as Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO); a first degree in a health professions such as Physiotherapy, Optometry, Pharmacy; or professional training in a health profession such as Dietician, Nutritionist, Exercise Therapist, and Occupational Therapist; or a multidisciplinary scientist such as Molecular Biologist and Biotechnologist from an accredited institution.
|S/N||TITLE OF COURSE||DURATION||FEE (N)|
|1||Certificate Course in Medical Entrepreneurship||64 hours spread over 4 weekends:Friday & Saturday 9am-5pm||200,000.00|
|2||Certificate Course in Health Professions Entrepreneurship||64 hours spread over 4 weekends:Friday & Saturday 9am-5pm||250,000.00|
The courses are certificate courses of Lagos State University (LASU) and will be run at Lagos State University College of Medicine (LASUCOM).
Qualified participants will earn:
- The LASU Certificate in Medical Entrepreneurship (CME) or
- The LASU Certificate in Health Professions Entrepreneurship (CHPE)
|Eight modules of the certificate courses (CME or CHPE)|
|August 2019||Friday 9th||Saturday 10th||Friday 16th||Saturday 17th|
|Module 1||Module 2||Module 3||Module 4|
|Friday 23rd||Saturday 24th||Friday 30th||Saturday 31st|
|Module 5||Module 6||Module 7||Module 8|
Objectives of the External Courses in Medical and Health Professions Entrepreneurship.
- Attendants should enjoy the interactive pedagogic instruments provided during the course: tutorials, exercises, case studies, simulations, videos, workshops, and real-life cases.
- Attendants should appreciate the importance of state-of-the-art facilities and functions in entrepreneurship as well as management of basic facilities and functions.
- Attendants should be informed about innovative service, interdisciplinary approach, and sustainability.
- Attendants should initiate their own self-directed, life-long learning incompetencies and competitiveness.
- Attendants should learn basic research skills to become profitable members of a knowledge society.
- Attendants should develop adaptive thinking capable of conquering the emerging challenges of entrepreneurship.
- Attendants should become able to manage their entrepreneurship within economic, social, political, and philosophical environs through a clear vision and strategy.
- Attendants are awarded 10 CME credits per module.
How to Apply for LASU Certificate Courses in Medical and Health Professions Entrepreneurship Admission Form.
Application Form from https://lasucom.edu.ng/medical-entrepreneurship-training/ or phone text, call, or email College Entrepreneurship Courses Coordinator or Strategic Insights for the form to be sent to you via Email or WhatsApp.
MODE OF PAYMENT: Please make an electronic transfer to: Account Name: LASUCOM Dedicated Revenue, Account Number: 1750027391, Polaris Bank.
IDENTIFICATION NUMBER: On your receipt or bank transfer reference, and application form, please indicate the course code ENT CME 090819or ENT CHPE 090819(for the 9th August 2019 courses) followed by your initials plus your chosen 4-unit code.
Examples of ID Number: ENT CME 090819 KOJ7897 or ENT CHPE 090819 TAA5271.
Return application form, one photocopy of basic evidence of qualification and evidence of payment addressed to College Entrepreneurship Courses Coordinator, c/o Office of The Dean, Faculty of Basic Clinical Sciences, LASUCOM. Email and WhatsApp submissions of completed forms are acceptable.