Israel Scholarships For International Students
Entries are currently been accepted for 2019/2020 Israel Scholarships For International Students. Interested and eligible scholars are invited to apply immediately to avoid disappointment. Israel government is pleased to offer scholarships to foreign students, as agreed in the Cultural Agreements between Israel and the following countries:
Argentina, Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Canada (Quebec Province), China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Korea, Lithuania, Latvia, Mexico, Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Republic of Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain and Turkey.
Different types of scholarships are offered (not available for veterinary and medicine studies)
1. Summer language courses (Ulpan)
2. One academic year (October until June) for a maximum of eight months (M.A., Ph.D. Post Doctorate or research studies).
Level/Field of Study:
Undergrad and postgraduate students are invited to apply for this scholarship. Any field available at the selected university. It is hosted in Israel.
Eligible Nationality For Israel Scholarships For International Students:
Eligible countries allowed to apply for this scholarship are: Argentina, Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Canada (Quebec Province), China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Korea, Lithuania, Latvia, Mexico, Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Republic of Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain and Turkey.
- Applicants must hold a BA or BSc degree (or higher) and have a good record of academic achievement.
- Applicants must be a citizen of the country where he/she applies for the scholarship and be under the age of 35 (at the beginning of the academic year). This scholarship is not applicable to Israel students. However, recipients of the scholarship must receive a student visa (A2), issued by the Israel Embassy/Consulate to which their application was submitted.
- Applicants must provide proof of English or Hebrew language proficiency.
- Applicants must meet the academic requirements of the Israeli University to which he/she applies. The acceptance of the candidate must be approve before a scholarship will be granted.
The scholarship includes:
- Partial tuition fees
- Monthly allowance for one academic year which happens to be 8 months only
- Basic health insurance
The partial scholarship includes:
- Monthly allowance for one academic year which is usually 8 months only
- Basic health insurance*
Please note: In accordance with the bilateral agreements between Israel, Poland and the Czech Republic, health insurance is not included.
- The applicant is responsible for his/her accommodation, transportation and travel arrangements to and from Israel.
- Scholarships will be granted only for studies in universities and programs approved by the Israeli Council for Higher Education.
- Scholarships for Ulpan language studies will be granted in the Ulpan chosen by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
To start the process of the application, you must contact your local Israeli embassy to verify the exact date for submitting applications as well as to receive more detailed information on the process of choosing candidates for the scholarship from your country.
Submission of Application For The Israel Scholarships For International Students
Read the important instructions carefully before downloading and filling out the application form.
Applications should include:
- Download and completed application form
- Write a detailed letter describing the field the applicant intends to study in Israel, specifying the University he/she wishes to attend
- Curriculum Vitae
- You are required to provide official original academic documents (or notarized copies) of all relevant studies and test scores, diplomas attesting the completion of an academic degree, including a transcript of the student’s records
- At least two (2) letters of recommendation from lecturers/professors who taught the candidate
- Three (3) photographs
- Certificate of health
- All the documents mentioned above must be printed in English and submitted in three (3) copies to the Israeli embassy in the applicant’s country
- The deadline for the submission of application forms is usually November 30.
- Candidates will be notified by the MFA on his/her acceptance to the scholarship program