2019 Postdoctoral Fellowship In Heterogeneous Catalysis In South Africa
Are you an international citizen with good organizational and management skills? Do you possess excellent written and oral communication skills. The Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Cape Town is offering Postdoctoral Fellowship In Heterogeneous Catalysis.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to conduct his/her own self-initiated research during the tenure of the fellowship under the supervision of Prof Michael Claeys, and will be expected to register as a PDRF at UCT by no later than 31 July 2018. See below for more information.
Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral research
Field Of study:
Fellowship is awarded in the area of heterogeneous catalysis in the synthesis gas program of c*change.
The Fellowship is valued at R180, 000 to R390, 000 per annum and does not include any fringe benefits. The Fellowship is renewable for two further years, contingent on satisfactory academic progress and on the availability of funds. Application to the SARS for tax-exemption is made by the University on behalf of the successful candidate.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
International students are invited to perticipate.
Eligibility For The Postdoctoral Fellowship In Heterogeneous Catalysis:
To be eligible, the following must be met:
- Applicants may not have held any permanent academic or professional posts.
- Applicants with specific experience in Fischer-Tropsch synthesis, techniques of product analysis (including GC-MS), catalyst and nano materials preparation and characterisation will be given preference.
- Applicants must hold a PhD degree in Heterogeneous Catalysis by metal catalysts. The PhD must have been granted within the past 5 years or provide satisfactory evidence that the PhD thesis has been submitted for examination should be provided.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applicants must make available the following documents:
- A letter of application expressing research experience and interest
- Certified copies of all academic transcripts
- A full CV, including details of publications
- Names and addresses of at least two academic referees, with whom the applicant has worked.
Applications must be submitted to Michael Claeys
Professor of Chemical Engineering
Centre for Catalysis research & c*change, DST-NRF Centre of Excellence in Catalysis (Director)
Department of Chemical Engineering
Private Bag; Rondebosch 7701
Tel: +27(021) 650-4440
E Mail: Michael.email@example.com
Application Closing Date:
October 31, 2018