2018 PKU-IIASA International Postdoctoral Fellowship Program In Austria
The Peking University and the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis International are currently inviting applications for Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for 2018/2019 academic year. The fellowship is open to applicants of all nationalities. The PKU-IIASA International Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is aimed at training highly qualified early-career postdoctoral researchers to carry out research in fields of mutual interest at both PKU and IIASA, which include but are not limited to advanced methodology, technological, economic, and environmental challenges including pollution and risk analysis, energy, ecology, and ecosystems management, and natural resources including water. See below for more details.
Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Field Of study:
Fellowships are awarded to carry out research in fields of mutual interest at both PKU and IIASA.
PKU will pay fellows in RMB, even when fellows are working at IIASA. For each fellow, a monthly stipend of 15,000 RMB will be provided. While at PKU, a fellow may pay to live in the PKU postdoctoral flat or choose to receive a subsidy of 3,500 RMB per month and to find their own accommodation. While at IIASA, a fellow will be required to find their own accommodation, but will also receive an accommodation subsidy of 3,500 RMB per month (the equivalent in Euro). PKU will be responsible for bearing the costs of insurances for the fellow while they are at PKU. IIASA will be responsible for bearing the costs of the accommodation subsidy and health insurance for the fellow while they are at IIASA.
Costs for relocation travel and the inaugural and subsequent exchange visits of the fellow between PKU and IIASA are borne by the receiving institution. The host supervisors of the fellow at PKU and IIASA are expected to cover the cost for conducting the collaborative research of the fellow and may cover extra travel expenditures.
Host Country Of Scholarship:
Country Eligible For The Scholarship:
Students from all nationalities are welcome to apply.
Eligibility For The PKU-IIASA International Postdoctoral Fellowship Program:
To be eligible, the following must be met:
- Applicants must be highly qualified early-career researchers.
- Must have received their Ph.D. no more than five years prior to the start of the appointment. Applicants holding tenure or in tenure-track faculty positions are not eligible.
- Each applicant must identify at least one faculty member from each institution who agrees to serve as his/her host supervisor.
- Must have an excellent command of English.
How To Apply For The Scholarship:
Applicants are requested to submit their application document as one PDF file by email simultaneously to
the following three coordinators:
For PKU General and Scientific Queries
Mr. Fan Deshang
Postdoctoral Affairs Office
Peking University (PKU)
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For IIASA General Queries
Ms. Aleksandra Cofala
E-mail address: email@example.com
For IIASA Scientific QueriesMs. Gui-Ying CaoSenior Research ScholarExploratory and Special ProjectsIIASAE-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full CV or Resume
- Two recommendation letters (preferably including one from the applicant’s doctoral supervisor)
- An endorsement letter or e-mail from each of the envisaged postdoctoral supervisors at PKU and IIASA. The letter or e-mail should include detailed information on the added value of the research project and a clear statement of commitment regarding the physical and intellectual research environment that the supervisor will provide to the fellow.
Application Closing Date:
September 14, 2018